DISTRICT DIRECTOR, UI EXTENSION - CENTRAL DISTRICT
University of Idaho
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Application Deadline: 2022-02-07
University of Idaho
District Director, UI Extension - Central District
Location: Twin Falls
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Central District Director is a tenured position with rank of professor administratively responsible to the Associate Dean/Director, University of Idaho Extension and participates in administrative and policy decisions as a member of UI Extension and College of Agricultural and Life Sciences administrative teams. The Central District office is located on the College of Southern Idaho campus in Twin Falls, Idaho. The district director promotes teamwork among county, specialist and research faculty and provides leadership to district Extension program planning. The district director is responsible for 18 county faculties in 10 counties. The district director also contributes to the broader mission of the university by communicating and collaborating with the Operations Manager of the Kimberly Research and Extension Center to facilitate University outreach. In addition the director will work closely with the academic department administrators and will provide input on research and teaching needs in Central Idaho.
• Earned masters degree from an accredited institution with at least one degree in a field of agriculture, life science or closely related field with the experience to merit an appointment with tenure and rank of full professor.
• Evidence of effective performance in Extension program development, personnel leadership and program administration and a strong knowledge of and experience with the mission of the land-grant university.
• Evidence of administrative and leadership effectiveness in a complex organization with responsibilities for budgeting, financial planning, personnel management, strategic planning, and critical decision-making.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the management of programs and resources and a proven ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of people of diverse backgrounds, including an understanding and respect for cultural, ethnic, and individual differences.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of the broad diversity of fields within Extension, including the nature, value, and inter-relationships of the represented disciplines.
• A management style that is inclusive and empowers others to succeed, fosters respect, builds pride in the accomplishment of shared goals, and feeds upon two-way communication.
• Applicants must possess strong organizational, communication, and conflict resolution skills, function as a member of as cohesive administrative team, and lead and facilitate organizational change to position the district for the future.
• Earned doctorate degree in a field related to the responsibilities of the position.
• Record of successful county or multi-county Extension experience.
• A comprehensive vision for the role and function of UI Extension in the 21st century land-grant university.
• Excellent organizational, planning, supervisory, and problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000966P
Posting Date: 01/07/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by February 7, 2022 will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:
University of Idaho Extension, Southern District
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2762747
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.