OPEN RANK EXTENSION EDUCATOR – WATER AND INTEGRATED CROPPING SYSTEMS (LANCASTER COUNTY)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Location: Lincoln, NE
Application Deadline: 2023-02-13
Open Rank Extension Educator – Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (Lancaster County)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Nebraska Extension has an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Lincoln, NE. As active participants in the Nebraska Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (WICS) Team, the educators’ primary responsibility is to develop and deliver educational programs and resources within a geographic area of Lancaster, Cass, and Otoe Counties. WICS educators are expected to collaborate closely with colleagues, state and federal agencies, industry representatives, and crop producers to deliver precision agriculture strategies related to agronomic and management issues in crop management. The focus of the position will contribute to the goals and objectives of the WICS Team.
Recognizing that diversity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of diversity. Consistent with the University’s N2025 Strategic Plan, every person and every interaction are treated as important to our collective well-being and our ability to deliver on our mission.
- Master’s degree required (completed prior to the start date) in Agronomy, Crop Science, Plant Sciences, or a closely related field.
- Field experience in production agriculture with an emphasis on cropping systems.
- Experience using precision agriculture strategies to address diverse cropping systems; additional experience with cover crop or forage management and working with absentee landowners.
- Successful experience developing financial support for educational programs including securing grants and contracts, as well as cost recovery efforts.
- Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
- Experience in the development and implementation of social media communication and education, including managing websites, blogs, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts for a professional organization.
This position is not eligible for employment-based permanent residency sponsorship. UNL may be able to sponsor temporary work authorizations (e.g., H-1B) for the successful candidate.
Review of applications will begin February 13th, 2023 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. To view details of the position and create an application, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_220192. Click “Apply to this job” and complete the information form. Attach 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job and anticipated contributions; 2) your curriculum vitae; and 3) contact information for three professional references. In addition, within the application, please complete the required supplemental question(s), one specifically describing your experience working in diverse teams or groups and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters. See https://ianr.unl.edu/tips-writing-about-commitment-to-deib for guidance in writing this statement.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.