Assistant Extension Educator—4-H Youth Development
University of Wyoming
Location: Albany County, Laramie, Wyoming
Application Deadline: 2023-01-31
Assistant Extension Educator—4-H Youth Development
Albany County, Laramie, Wyoming
Assistant University Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development. Albany County, Laramie, Wyoming. Job ID #223733.
LEVEL & SALARY
Assistant University Extension Educator—salary level commensurate with education, experience and availability of funds.
This position is located in Laramie, Wyoming.
NATURE & PURPOSE
This position provides educational programs in the area of 4-H Youth Development in Albany County; provides leadership for traditional and non-traditional 4-H and youth programs; and supports general Extension functions in Albany County. Albany County has approximately 473 4-H members and 113 volunteer leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual in this position works as a representative of the University of Wyoming (UW) in the delivery of a comprehensive 4-H Youth Development program. This function is realized through existing and new youth clubs, school enrichment activities, and other educational programming. Duties include:
• Implement educational programs, policies, materials, and activities as part of the overall efforts of the Wyoming 4-H program and the identified needs of Albany County clientele
• Organize, coordinate, and support participation in 4-H events, camps, clinics, contests, and fairs
• Provide leadership in recruiting, training, and retention of adult volunteers
• Provide leadership in recruiting and retaining youth members in clubs
• Provide leadership and support to 4-H Clubs, 4-H Councils, and project committees
• Provide information to volunteers, youth, and parents regarding educational opportunities through the use of e-mail, social media, applications, and print communication formats
• Foster relationships and develop partnerships with other youth serving groups, schools, or organizations
• Coordinate registration, supervision, and transportation for participants in 4-H related events held in other counties, across the state, or out of state
• Implement program evaluation, documentation, and reporting
• Provide administrative oversight to financial and fundraising efforts involving 4-H youth and volunteers
• Foster a culture of positive youth development in all 4-H programming efforts
• Contribute to various teams including county office, multi-county area, state 4-H, youth issues, and other UW Extension initiative/focus teams
• A valid driver’s license and serviceable/insured vehicle
PLEASE NOTE: Duties of this position often include physical activities associated with experiential learning. The University of Wyoming is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations.
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work in the local Albany County Extension Office
• An earned bachelor’s degree with academic training and/or professional experience relevant to the responsibilities of the position
• Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy
• Demonstrated prior 4-H experience
• Knowledge of positive youth development principles and teaching methods
• Demonstrated skills and abilities to organize and facilitate educational programs and activities such as contests, workshops, camps, and/or fairs as part of the 4-H program
• Experience recruiting, training, and managing adult volunteers
• Academic training and/or experience to support mastery of specific 4-H projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of educational program development, implementation and evaluation
• Experience teaching youth and adult audiences
• Excellence in ability to communicate orally and in writing. Evidence documented through application materials and experience
• Experience in developing partnerships with other youth serving organizations and fostering positive relationships with community stakeholders
• Demonstrated teamwork
• Experience with underserved and/or diverse youth audiences
• Knowledge of Extension and the land-grant university system
• Knowledge of and appreciation for rural and agricultural communities
APPROXIMATE TIME DISTRIBUTION
4-H Youth Development — 100%
• Completed application (To include detailed letter of intent as described below, resume, UW application —
http://www.uwyo.edu/uwe/jobs/index.html, copy of transcripts, and letters of reference. We recognize reference letters may not be received by the deadline and are out of the applicant’s control, but will be forthcoming.)
• A detailed letter of intent which specifically addresses your qualifications relative to the responsibilities and essential duties of the position.
• Current resume or curriculum vitae.
• Copies of all college transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hiring.
• Contact information for four (4) individuals who can address your professional qualifications.
FOR APPLICATION INFORMATION, QUESTIONS ON TRANSCRIPTS OR REFERENCE LETTERS, CONTACT:
Ann Roberson, Business Manager, University of Wyoming Extension
Phone: (307) 766-3566; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR SPECIFIC POSITION INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Mandy Marney, Senior Associate Director, University of Wyoming Extension
Phone: (307) 766-5124 ; Email: email@example.com
To learn more about Extension work, see the online WRPLC modules at http://wrpl.cahnrs.wsu.edu.
Direct link to the position through the University of Wyoming’s job portal: http://www.uwyo.edu/uwe/jobs/index.html
The Albany County Extension Office is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. Located in the same town as the University of Wyoming, UW provides state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Screening begins January 4, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call (307) 766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.