Associate Director, UW Extension /UW Extension Educator
University of Wyoming
Location: Laramie, WY
Application Deadline: 2022-06-06
Associate Director, UW Extension /UW Extension Educator. Job ID #220651.
The position reports to the Director of UW Extension and is a member of the director’s administrative leadership team. Though focused on field operations, the position carries key leadership responsibilities for the UW Extension system and the UW College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has statewide responsibilities with primary leadership for and oversight of approximately half of the Extension Educators in the state. Approximately 80 percent of the appointment is allocated to provide leadership for personnel and programs associated with UW Extension Focus Area Team(s). The responsibilities of this position include supervision of all of the UWE Educators in one of our Focus Area(s), and the associated evaluation of their performance
in developing, delivering and evaluating educational programs to meet community needs. UW Extension Focus Areas include:
Community Vitality and Health, Agriculture and Natural Resources, and 4-H Youth Development. The specific Focus Area assigned to this Associate Director position will be determined in consideration of the professional experience and academic training of the incumbent. This position will also provide administrative guidance and support to interdisciplinary Program Development and Assessment teams and other collaborative educational efforts aimed at the newly envisioned UW Extension Grand Challenges. This position also works closely with county coordinators and other Extension Educators to build effective and supportive relationships with county government and other partners.
To assure full consideration, all application materials must be received by June 6, 2022. Screening will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approximately 20 percent of the appointment is directed to conduct state-level administrative duties as assigned by the director, provide leadership for special projects and committees, engage with other UW units to enhance service to Wyoming communities, and serve on regional and national USDA NIFA committees relevant to Wyoming’s Extension mission.
Duties of this position often include physical activities associated with experiential learning. The University of Wyoming is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations.
Extensive regional and state travel is required (including overnight stays).
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
- Doctorate degree
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in Extension or a similar educational organization
- Visionary leadership and demonstrated administrative ability
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills and a genuine appreciation for interdisciplinary approaches to organizational leadership
- Knowledge of the land-grant university system and Extension at all administrative levels and the ability to manage relationships between those levels
- Demonstrated team leadership and team member skills
- Demonstrated teaching, facilitation, and mediation skills
- Computer proficiency
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Experience in the development, delivery, and evaluation of community-based, informal learning experiences for adult and youth audiences
- Extension Educator or Specialist Experience
- Academic training and professional experience which contributes to the diversity of the UW Extension leadership team
- Experience and a demonstrated track record as an effective administrator or supervisor
- Experience and track record in receiving and addressing public input
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive and productive relationships with external stakeholders
- Completed online UW application
- Detailed letter of intent specifically addressing qualifications relative to the responsibilities and qualifications of the position
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Copies of all college transcripts; (official transcripts required at time of hiring).
- Four (4) letters of reference from individuals who can address your professional qualifications
CONTACT FOR APPLICATION, TRANSCRIPTS, AND REFERENCE LETTER QUESTIONS
Ann Roberson, Business Manager University of Wyoming Extension 1000 E. University Ave., Dept. #3354
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-3566
Fax: (307) 766-3998
CONTACT FOR SPECIFIC POSITION INFORMATION
Dr. Kelly Crane, Associate Dean / Director University of Wyoming Extension
University of Wyoming College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Phone: (307) 766-5124
Dr. Eric Webster, Associate Dean/Director Wyoming Agricultural Experiment Station
University of Wyoming College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Phone: (307) 766-3373
To learn more about Extension work, see the online Western Regional Program Leaders Committee (WRPLC) modules at http://wrpl.cahnrs.wsu.edu.
Link to the position through the University of Wyoming’s job portal: https://eeik.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/220651