EXTENSION EDUCATOR, ASST - 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, UINTA COUNTY - UW EXTENSION
University of Wyoming
Location: Evanston, WY
Application Deadline: 2023-06-12
Extension Educator, Asst - 4-H Youth Development, Uinta County - UW Extension
Evanston, WY, United States
BE THE FIRST TO APPLY
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Assistant University Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development serving Uinta County, Wyoming
This position provides educational programs in the area of 4-H Youth Development in Uinta County; provides leadership for traditional and non-traditional 4-H and youth programs; and supports general Extension functions in Uinta County. Uinta County has approximately 300 4-H members and 70 volunteer leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The individual in this position works as a representative of the University of Wyoming (UW) in the delivery of a comprehensive 4-H Youth Development program. This function is realized through existing and new youth clubs, school enrichment activities, and other educational programming. Duties include:
- Implement educational programs, policies, materials, and activities as part of the overall efforts of the Wyoming 4-H program and the identified needs of Uinta County clientele
- Organize, coordinate, and support participation in 4-H events, camps, clinics, contests, and fairs
- Provide leadership in recruiting, training, and retention of adult volunteers
- Provide leadership in recruiting and retaining youth members in clubs
- Provide leadership and support to 4-H Clubs, 4-H Councils, and project committees
- Provide information to volunteers, youth, and parents regarding educational opportunities through the use of e-mail, social media, applications, and print communication formats
- Foster relationships and develop partnerships with other youth serving groups, schools, or organizations
- Coordinate registration, supervision, and transportation for participants in 4-H related events held in other counties, across the state, or out of state
- Implement program evaluation, documentation, and reporting
- Provide administrative oversight to financial and fundraising efforts involving 4-H youth and volunteers
- Foster a culture of positive youth development in all 4-H programming efforts
- Contribute to various teams including county office, multi-county area, state 4-H, youth issues, and other UW Extension focus teams/groups
- A valid driver’s license and serviceable/insured vehicle
PLEASE NOTE: Duties of this position often include physical activities associated with experiential learning. The University of Wyoming is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations.
Approximate Time Distribution
4-H and Youth Development - 100%
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to UW Extension clientele and requires the successful candidate be available to work in the local Uinta County Extension Office.
- An earned Bachelor’s degree with academic training and experience relevant to the responsibilities of the position
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Demonstrated prior 4-H experience
- Knowledge of positive youth development principles and teaching methods
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to organize and facilitate educational programs and activities such as; contests, workshops, camps, and/or fairs as part of the 4-H program
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing adult volunteers
- Academic training and/or experience to support mastery of specific 4-H project
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Experience teaching youth and adult audiences
- Excellence in ability to communicate orally and in writing. Evidence documented through application materials and experience
- Experience in developing partnerships with other youth serving organizations and fostering positive relationships with community stakeholders
- Demonstrated teamwork
- Experience with underserved and/or diverse youth audiences
- Knowledge of Extension and the land-grant university system
- Knowledge of and appreciation for rural and agricultural communities
- Completed online UW Application
- Detailed letter of intent which specifically addresses your qualifications relative to the responsibilities and essential duties of the position
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- College transcripts, unofficial transcripts accepted for application; official transcripts required at time of hiring
- Contact information for four (4) individuals who can address your professional qualifications.
This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 05/22/2023 will receive full consideration.
Contact for application information, questions on transcripts or reference letters contact:
Ann Roberson, Business Manager, University of Wyoming Extension
For specific position information, contact:
Mandy Marney, Senior Associate Director, University of Wyoming Extension
Find out how UW Extension is rooted in Wyoming!
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EXTENSION WORK, SEE THE ONLINE WRPLC MODULES AT: http://wrpl.cahnrs.wsu.edu
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com
ABOUT EVANSTON, UINTA COUNTY
This position will be located in the Uinta County Extension office in Evanston. Evanston is the county seat in Uinta County, with a population of about 11,747 people. The county has a population of approximately 20,450 which also includes the communities of Fort Bridger, Lyman, and Mountain View. Surrounded by mountains on all sides, Evanston is a recreational mecca for fishing, hunting, hiking, mountain biking, wildlife viewing, camping, and many other outdoor recreational opportunities. The Bear River flowing right through town presents opportunities for a whole host of activities. The Evanston area embraces ranching, agriculture, and development of natural resources.
- Job Identification231014
- Posting Date04/20/2023, 12:57 PM
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Locations Evanston, WY, United States
- Schedule (Hours Per Week)40
- TravelYes, 10%